SodaStream, founded in 1991 by Peter Wiseburgh under the original name Soda Club1 is a manufacturer of home beverage carbonating devices. Since 1996, its main manufacturing facility has been located in the industrial zone of Mishor Adumim, an Israeli settlement in the illegally occupied West Bank.2 SodaStream markets its products in 45 countries. Over the past decade it has sold 8.5 million carbonating devices.3 The products are sold in more than 65,000 stores worldwide, including retailers such as Macy’s, Bed, Bath and Beyond, John Lewis, Woolworths, Kmart, Coop, Media Market, Carrefour, Edeka, Walmart, and Migros.4 48% of company sales are in Western Europe. The SodaStream devices are especially popular in Sweden where it is estimated that one of every five Swedish households owns a SodaStream device.5
Investor information correct as at publication of Dirty Profits 3.
- Bunder, L (2006): www.somethingisraeli.com/articles/60_get_busy_with_israel.htm (accessed 10.11.2014) and Soda Stream (2014): http://www.sodastream.com/milestones (accessed 11.11.2014) [↩]
- UN (2013): http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=44045#.VGH01_TF-dk (accessed 31.10.2014) [↩]
- SodaStream (2014): http://sodastream.investorroom.com/secfilings?s=127&year=2014&cat=1#.VD6NEZSSwg [↩]
- SodaStream (2014): http://sodastream.investorroom.com/secfilings?s=127&year=2014&cat=1#.VD6NEZSSwgv [↩]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission (2014): http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1502916/000114420410054318/v198147_jp-f1.htm#tPSS [↩]